Disclaimer: This is a post I wrote last year but is still relevant this year and every year because Sigma is dynamic! I kept the photo from last year because a soror from my graduate chapter created it and it looks amazing!
Below is a photo of my new Sigma family, that has showered me with love in the past year after my move to the DMV. Soror Walsh for her guidance and youthful spirit, Soror Brewster-Johnson for her support and constant Facebook love, Soror Claye for understanding the graduate school struggle and our random nights at Buffalo Wild Wings, and of course The UnQUEstionably Mu Omega Chapter for carrying the legacy and light of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. with finesse. I love you all!
Happy Founders Day to all of my soRHOrs!
Today we celebrate
92 93 years of our trailblazing profound legacy through scholarship, sisterhood, and service. I have been a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. since Spring 2010 and it has truly been a humbling experience. On this journey I have learned a lot about myself and have enhanced some qualities that led me to become resilient Ashley.
Below is a list of 7 things we can do today to celebrate!
1. Call 7 sorors who you are thankful for. Tell them a couple of reasons how they have been so influential in your Sigma journey.
2. Open your history book or handbook and find 7 new facts about out illustrious history that you didn't know before.
3. Say a prayer for the families of our most honorable founders. We hold them so dear to our hearts, but don't forget that they also had relatives that love them as well.
4. Share on social media or with someone close to you, 7 facts about your favorite founder.
5. Search through social media to find a soror you don't know and share some words of encouragement with her. Yes today is a glorious day, but we never know what each other might be struggling with behind closed doors.
6. If you aren't a financial soror, research a local chapter. Come back into the fold, centennial is coming up and you definitely should be a part of the celebration and help continue our legacy. If you are financial, join a new committee to offer more of your talents. If you are all committee'd out, find a soror who needs mentoring and take her under your poodle paw to help her blossom into the yellow tea rose she is.
7. Embrace the founders love you are receiving with grace and class! This day is all about us, so prance around in your blue and gold!
Now It's Your Turn: What is one way you are going to celebrate Founder's Day? How has SGRho impacted your life? Comment below to let me know; I would love to hear from you!