Y'all know I hate being cliché right? I know you've seen at least 10 posts today about October signifying the last quarter of the year. Everybody is trying to get their lives right so they can be ready when 2017 hits them. Do you want to know a little secret? A couple of months ago I loathed people who did that. The progression of one date on the calendar, made you all of a sudden want to get your life right? It seemed like an overrated epiphany to me....until I had one of course. Now, October 1st is meaningful to me, with only 91 days left in the year- I am proud of my accomplishments but I know there are more goals that need to be annihilated.
"Before 2017, I have more goals to annihilate. #DontDieAfraid"
I decided to create a blog series, "7 Intentions" thanks to my epiphany and wise words from Go Fit Jo, "There's something powerful about the word "intention" it's almost as strong as a promise or commitment you choose to make to yourself or others around you."
Every month, I will share with you my 7 intentions and you have all the power to hold me accountable and call me out if I don't show reverence to them.
- Create Every Day: Thanks to my new "Biz Boost" community created by The Alisha NicoleI am participating in a challenge that requires me to produce content every day! It might be a worksheet, a webinar, event, YouTube video, newsletter, Periscope- it can be anything! I'll be sharing my creation schedule on my InstaStory and Snapchat (Name: AshleysPress), so make sure you are following me to get a behind the scenes look.
- Don't Let Myself Down: Today I said I would create a blog post and a newsletter...it's currently 10:35pm, but I'm getting both out before midnight because I refuse to let myself down.
- Quality Time With The Beau: As an entrepreneur, there is no 9am-5pm....you traded the 40 for 100, like my boo Lo of Can't Stay Put would say. Therefore, it's simple for me to be on my computer until 2am, but my relationship is also a priority so I need to nurture that too.
- Exercise Twice a Week: It may not seem like a lot, but a shorty has to start somewhere.
- Trust God: Let's Get Uncomfortable: Mental Health Makeover, my first mental health event is October 22 and I'm nervous so I need to trust God. I know this is the work He wants me to do and I need to have faith that he will provide me with the tools to execute.
- Rejuvenate My Site: I want to spruce the place up a bit.
- "Love myself and give myself grace and forgiveness if I fail at any of the above." - Jo